Gorilla Trekking Rules and Regulations are guidelines to be followed by Tourists during Mountain Gorilla Trekking excursion in Bwindi Forest, Mgahinga Park or Volcanoes Park. Gorilla Tour and Gorilla Trekking rules follows.
Gorilla Trekking Rules and Regulations for Rwanda, Uganda and Congo
There are several Rules or regulations Tourists to follow when preparing for Gorilla Trekking in Rwanda, Uganda and Congo. Find out important Gorilla Trekking rules for Tracking the Mountain Gorillas . Some people call it Rules and laws that govern Mountain Gorilla Tracking or Procedures to take when participating in Gorilla trekking exercises.
1) Mountain Gorilla trekkers should keep a 7 meter (21 feet) distance from the gorillas. The further back you are, the more relaxed the Gorilla Family will be.
2) All Trekkers must stay in tight groups when getting close to the gorillas.
3) Do not come in close contact with the Gorillas or touch them during a Gorilla Tour
4) Do not smoke, drink or eat when you are near the gorillas. Eating or drinking inevitably increases the risk of transmission of diseases.
5) Sometimes the gorillas charge. Follow the guides example (crouch down slowly, do not look the gorillas directly in the eyes and wait for the animals to pass). Do not attempt to run away because that will increase the risk.
6) Bring a Flash free Camera, Flash photography is not permitted
7) Keep your voices soft and down at when you come close to the Gorillas
8) After the visit keep your voices down until you are 200 meters away from the gorillas.
9) Maximum time you can spend with the gorillas is one hour. However the game rangers may shorten the visit incase the gorillas become agitated or nervous.
10) Sickness, If a Trekker has a cold and cough, they should cover their mouth so as to prevent any disease transmission. Otherwise the Game rangers have a right to stop the Trekker from visiting the Gorillas
11) Burry your Feaces if you get a long call while Trekking Gorillas. If you need to go to the toilet whilst in the forest, borrow a blade from the game rangers and make a 30 cm or 10″ deep hole and then fill it appropriately after that. Human wastes can be greatly transmittable to gorillas and other wild animals.
Otherwise visit the Toilet before you set off for a Gorilla Trekking Exercise
12) Leave no litter in the Park. All trash must be removed from the park and visitors are asked to be principally cautious not to leave behind small items, particularly used tissues, bottles or wipes.
Important Gorilla Trekking Rules and Regulations
1) Age limit for Gorilla Trekkers
15 years is the age limit for Gorilla Trekking. Visitors must be at least fifteen years old so as to minimize risks of unveiling the primates to juvenile illnesses like mumps, chickenpox, measles and many more
2) Size and number of the Gorilla trackers to visit each Gorilla Family
Each gorilla family can only be visited once a day at 8:00Am and the number of trekkers is 8 people only. Tourists are eligible to stay around the gorillas for a period of one hour.