Mountain Gorillas are rare endangered species of Gorillas living in Volcanoes Gorilla Park Rwanda and Mgahinga Gorilla Park. Another family of Ugly Gorillas can be viewed in Bwindi Gorilla Forest during a 4 hours Uganda Gorilla Habituation Experience
The only remaining Mountain Gorillas in the world are protected in four national parks of Uganda, Rwanda and DR Congo and these include; Bwindi National Park, Mgahinga National park, Volcanoes National park and Virunga National Park where they are facing extinction.
Mountain Gorilla National Parks in Virunga Massive
- Half of the populations of the Mountain Gorillas live in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest and Mgahinga National Park of south western Uganda.
- Another Popular home of the Gorillas in Volcanoes National Park in northern Rwanda
- Lastly is Virunga National park in eastern Democratic Republic of Congo
Like any other living thing, the Ugly Gorillas experience both the dark and bright side of life
Challenges faced by Mountain Gorilla or Mountain Gorillas
Most of the challenges affect Mountain Gorillas in Virunga National Park Congo as you will see below
–Insecurity caused by Political Instabilities in this region is a serious challenge to gorilla conservationists and the Gorillas at large many of the game rangers have been killed in Virunga National Park by either rebels or poachers.
– Poaching remains at high level in all National parks. Poachers kill the Gorillas for purposes of getting bush meat for eating. In this case, snares are used for poaching.
– Deforestation of these gazatted National Parks. The locals collect timber for economical use or home use which affects the lives of the gorillas in terms of Food and shelter.
How to overcome these challenges faced by the Ugly Gorillas
Uganda, Rwanda and Congo need to enforce local community empowerment , strengthen the Political security in these Areas, Community needs to be taught sustainable Tourism, Conservationist of the Gorilla National parks need to share some of the funds got from Gorilla Tour with the community in order to discourage poaching. Schools, Health cares and Water should be provided to the communities living around these National Parks free of charge to encourage mutual relationships between the communities and the Tourism industry
Updates for Mountain Gorillas ways of living, Gorilla Tracking permits, Mountain Gorilla Trekking or Gorilla Safaris, can be got from us at Katona Tours and Travel , email : [email protected] , [email protected] , Whats up : +256774161700, +256701161700